Break-Up Pasta is a creamy 3 cheese spaghetti recipe made with butter, garlic, cream, broth, Italian cheeses, spices and tossed with spaghetti. This is the best creamy spaghetti recipe known to help heal breakouts!
This pasta is called BREAK UP PASTA for good reason.
Do you remember your worst breakup? I definitely remember mine and still see myself…sitting in my sweats all day, feeling sorry for myself and listening to sad love songs. Breakups are the worst.
Luckily, it’s been a while since I’ve had my heart broken (thank goodness I’ve been married to a lover for over 25 years) but I remember those times vividly.
Now I have 3 teenagers and a 21 year old who just graduated from college, so I witnessed a lot of their rough days. And as moms everywhere know… when you’re a mom, your heart hurts along with your kids. So I became adept at pulling out comfort food!
I learned the value of some serious comfort foods! Whenever one of my kids or my kids’ friends are heartbroken, I pull out pasta and chocolate brownies or cookies…my two favorite comfort foods. A huge bowl of pasta, chocolate, and being surrounded by people who love and care about you can do absolute wonders…maybe even heal those broken hearts!
This Break Up Pasta is a huge bowl of comfort food that makes you feel like you’ll be fine…eventually. 🙂
This creamy pasta is made with butter, garlic, cream, broth, a mixture of Italian cheeses and tossed with spaghetti. These pie crusts are so easy to make when you don’t even feel like doing anything!
What are the ingredients of Break-Up Pasta?
- Heavy cream
- Chicken broth
- Italian cheeses
- Salt + Pepper
- Herbs for garnish
Can I reheat this Creamy 3 Cheese Spaghetti?
Yes! These creamy spaghetti make delicious leftovers. Since there is cream and butter in this sauce, the sauce can seize when cold. When you’re ready to reheat it, I suggest adding a dash of water to your bowl or pan until the sauce reaches your desired creamy consistency.
What can I serve these Break Up Pasta with?
I love to accompany it with a dish like marry me chicken or Skillet Lemon Butter Chicken. You can also accompany it with grilled steak or shrimp and vegetables. You can make it a heartier meal by cutting marinated grilled chicken breast on top of pasta. My The best chicken marinade recipe can be found HERE.
If you’re looking for a killer Fettuccine Alfredo recipe, click HERE.
What types of cheeses are in an Italian cheese blend?
Italian cheese blends that you can find at your local grocery store may vary by brand. Italian shredded cheese blends typically consist of a blend of the following cheeses: parmesan, mozzarella, provolone, romano, asiago, and fontina. Check the ingredient list to find out which cheeses are included in the Italian Cheese Blend. A blend of cheeses with parmesan, romano, and asiago will be all about the strong flavors. A blend of Italian cheeses of parmesan, mozzarella, and provolone will be a blend of flavor and creaminess, thanks to the mozzarella.
How to make the famous Break Up pasta:
- Boil a large pot of water. Generously salt the water. This is essential for infusing flavor and salt into the pasta while cooking. Once the water is boiling, add the spaghetti and cook according to package instructions. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup salted cooking water. This pasta water is starchy and salty and will be used to dilute the sauce.
- While the pasta cooks, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add butter and garlic and cook ONLY 1 minute. Garlic can burn quickly, so have your chicken broth and cream ready to add to the pan. Add cream and chicken broth. Add ½ cup salted pasta water (add later if you want a thinner sauce).
- Add cheese in batches, stirring after each addition. If you add the cheese all at once, it may clump. I like to use a whisk to make sure the sauce is smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the spaghetti to the skillet and toss to coat. If you want a thinner sauce, add more reserved pasta water, if desired.
- When servinggarnish with freshly ground pepper, fresh Parmesan and fresh herbs.