I’m still learning to fend for myself Instant Pot™and love finding easy recipes for this magic machine! This creamy chicken pasta recipe has a lovely creamy cheese sauce and tastes amazing.
I chose to add mushrooms and spinach to the recipe. All that was missing was some good crusty bread tonight to accompany it!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total duration: 50 minutes
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion or shallot, finely chopped
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 16 ounces dry paste (I didn’t have 16 ounces of pasta, so I mixed shells, elbows, and broken spaghetti)
- 3 cups chicken broth (I used 2 cups chicken broth and 1 cup vegetables soup)
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 4 ounces of fresh spinach
- chopped fresh basil, for garnish (optional)
Here’s how to do it:
- Combine salt, Italian seasoning, paprika, garlic and pepper in a bowl. Add the chicken and toss well to coat.
- turn it on Instant Pot sauté and bring to a simmer. Heat the olive oil and quickly sauté the chicken on all sides. Add the chopped onion and mushrooms and sauté.
- Turn off the Sauté function and deglaze the pan with some of the chicken broth. Add pasta and remaining broth and stir.
- Cover with lid and lock in position. Rotate vent to sealing position. Press the manual button and set the time to 3 minutes. When cooking is complete, perform a quick release.
- While mixture cooks, heat butter and cream cheese in microwave 30 seconds at a time until melted. Stir in the parmesan and heavy cream. Once you can open the pan, pour in this sauce and stir well.
- Add fresh spinach and stir. If there is still more liquid than you want, much of it will be absorbed and thickened as you go. Garnish with chopped basil.
Need help converting baking and baking measurements? Here are some practices kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on facebook to get daily recipes in your News Feed. Inspire and be inspired.
Related products on Amazon that we think you might like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by connecting with Amazon.com and affiliate sites.