WGN Entertainment reporter Dean Richards shares a Lemon Garlic Pasta recipe inspired by actor Chris Pine.
- 12 ounces dried spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or more
- 1 large lemon juice and zest
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 ounces of freshly grated parmesan
See Dean’s past recipes on his cooking page.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti until firm to the bite (al dente), about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat until sizzling.
- Add minced garlic and red pepper flakes; cook and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from fire.
- Once you have drained the pasta, place the skillet with the garlic mixture over medium heat. Add the drained cooked pasta and ¼ cup of the reserved pasta water; toss to coat. Cook and stir until heated through, adding more pasta water if pasta seems too dry.
- Remove pasta from heat and stir in lemon zest and juice and parsley.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl or serving platter; garnish with grated parmesan and serve.
Get Dean’s reviews and A-List interviews delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for Dean’s Downloads weekly newsletter. You’ll also get his Dean Cooks recipes too!
Suggest a fix