Grandma always had a jar of spaghetti sauce in her cupboard, but I honestly think it was the same throughout my childhood. The only pasta sauce I remember making cans of tomatoes and tomato paste – this recipe. So simple, yet perfect.
Sometimes I saw her throw a pinch of sugar. Sometimes she also added Italian sausages, but not often. Ground beef was the meat of choice for this meat sauce recipe. Serve it over your favorite pasta or use it to make an amazing lasagna.
Note: We may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated with or in any way endorses or gives any guarantees on any specific products. However, 30Seconds participates in the Amazon Affiliate Advertising Program and this post contains affiliate links, which means that we may earn a commission or fee if you make a purchase through those links.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Total duration: 1 hour
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
Here’s how to do it:
- Sauté ground beef and onion in a large saucepan until cooked through. Break up the meat while stirring. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer gently for about 45 minutes. (You can add a little water if you want a thinner sauce.)
follow us on facebook to get daily recipes in your News Feed.
Related products on Amazon that we think you might like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by connecting with Amazon.com and affiliate sites.2022-10-14