If you broadcast the Selena Gomes: my mind and me documentary this weekend, you better have tissues and comfort food nearby for an emotional journey. For six years, Selena has documented her struggles through stardom, heartbreak, and mental health, and finally shares her story in hopes of helping others along the way. The HBO Max star Selena + Chef, Gomez is a foodie at heart but an amateur in the kitchen, so the dishes she creates on camera are delicious and doable to recreate at home. She even invited her Nana into the kitchen to share her favorite childhood recipes, from tortilla casserole to Thanksgiving staples. There’s nothing more satisfying and comforting than a hot bowl of homemade pasta on a cold day, and her Nana’s recipe is hearty with pan-fried sausages and tons of veggies. Thanks to @erinabeeats who posted the full recipe on TikTok, here’s how to make Selena Gomez’s Nana Pasta Recipe yourself.
Gomez’s new culinary passion is a gift that keeps on giving, as you can grab all of the recipes from Selena + Chef on the HBO Max website to cook with her while you stream. You can whip up recipes like Rachael Ray’s Beer Breaded Fish, Esther Choi’s Korean BBQ or, if you dare, Gordon Ramsey’s Butter Steak. However, there is always something special about family recipes, especially the basic dinners prepared by your grandmother that bring the family together. Selena’s Nana Pasta Recipe is simple to make and incorporates many mouth-watering flavors and textures. Imagine you’re in Selena’s kitchen and try this spaghetti recipe for a satisfying weeknight dinner.
Here’s how to make Selena Gomez’s “Nana’s Pasta”
What you will need:
- 1 lb spicy Italian sausage
- 1 box of spaghetti
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 cups portabella mushrooms
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 white onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder to taste
- Cayenne powder to taste
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat a few tablespoons of olive oil and add the hot Italian sausage, breaking it up into bite-size pieces. Sauté the sausage until cooked through and place in a bowl to cool.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the spaghetti for about eight to 10 minutes until al dente. Drain the water from the pasta and set aside.
- In the same sausage skillet, sauté chopped vegetables, including peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, onion and garlic, until tender.
- Add the cooked vegetables to the spaghetti and toss with the sausage, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Serve and enjoy.