The Keeling family of Simply Wholesome, a health food store and restaurant serving Leimert Park since the 1980s, shares a quick and easy recipe for Spinach Stuffed Salmon with Fettuccini Pasta.
Spinach Stuffed Salmon with Fettuccine Pasta from Simply Wholesome
- 1 to 2 pounds of salmon fillet
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped organic spinach
- 2 teaspoons of black pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast powder (sold at Simply Wholesome)
- 2 teaspoons calypso sauce (sold at Simply Wholesome)
- 1 cup heavy cream (sold at Simply Wholesome)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 – 10 sliced grape tomatoes
- 10 – 15 organic spinach leaves
- fettuccine pasta
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the fettuccine noodles for 10 to 12 minutes
- In a medium bowl, prepare the cream cheese filling by combining the cream cheese, chopped organic spinach, Italian seasoning, black pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Gently cut the salmon in the middle, lengthwise, and stuff it with the fillet stuffed with cream cheese.
- Lightly season salmon with nutritional yeast until completely coated.
- Sear the stuffed salmon in a pan with olive oil for about 2 to 4 minutes on each side
- Transfer to a new pan and bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees
make the sauce
- Cut 8 to 10 grape tomatoes in half.
- Coarsely chop 1 cup organic spinach
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped grape tomatoes, organic spinach and chopped garlic.
This recipe is courtesy of the Keeling family of Simply healthy