(The dish of the day) Jennifer Burns and Jacob Schmidt of the Utah Beef Council are back in the kitchen to show off their cooking skills.
They are excited to celebrate tomorrow because it is world pasta day and who doesn’t love a good pasta recipe?? Let’s check out this one for Primavera Ground Beef and Skillet Pasta!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (14.5 ounces) sodium-reduced beef broth
- 1 cup uncooked whole wheat pasta
- 2 zucchini or yellow squash, halved lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add ground beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4 inch crumbs and stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the cooking juices.
- Cook’s tip: Cooking times are for fresh or fully thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of doneness of ground beef.
- Stir in broth, pasta, squash, tomatoes and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook 9 to 11 minutes or until pasta and squash are almost tender and sauce has thickened slightly, stirring occasionally.