Visit any grocery store and you’ll find plenty of brands selling a variety of frozen pizzas. But one pie stands out above the rest, according to reviews from The Takeout website.
DiGiorno Rising Crust Pepperoni Pizza is so good it won the following accolade: “Tasting this brand left us all speechless.”
Critics – writer and editor Hoang Samuelson and his partner and two children – swear this pizza is so tasty that “when you eat it hot out of the oven, it’s definitely better than a typical delivery option.” “. With six servings per pizza, it’s “the perfect size” for a family or even a small party.
Finishing at #2 was an old standby: Red Baron Classic Crust Pepperoni Pizza.
This pizza has won accolades for its affordability and the fact that the sauce complements the cheese rather than overwhelming it.
The Takeout notes that the Red Baron Pie is loaded with 1,500 calories above normal, and the review calls it “the type of pizza that would be served in a school canteen, except better.”
Overall, Samuelson and his family reviewed 10 pizzas. They listed them in this order:
- DiGiorno Yeast Crust Pepperoni Pizza
- Red Baron Classic Crust Pepperoni Pizza
- Urban Pie Unsalted Pepperoni Pizza with Creamy Pink Sauce
- Screamin’ Sicilian’s Bessie’s Revenge Pizza
- Freshetta Thin Crust Pepperoni Pizza
- Whole Foods 365 Unsalted Pepperoni Rising Crust Pizza
- Amy’s Cheese Pizza
- California Pizza Kitchen Crispy Thin Crust BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Newman’s Own Harvest Vegetable Pizza
- Caulipower Margherita Stone Fired Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Before you rush out to try DiGiorno or Red Baron pizzas for yourself, check out the tips from:
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click on links in our stories.