Six chefs from Ferndale restaurants will compete later this month in a competition showcasing their skills.
“The Hometown Pasta Slam” is slated for 2-7 p.m. June 26 at Pop’s for Italian at 280 W. Nine Mile Road.
Are scheduled to compete:
- Bethany Aubuchon, chef at One-Eyed Betty
- Christian Borden, Culinary Director of Hometown Restaurant Group
- Richard Downing, Head Chef of the Public House
- Jeremy Echols, Pop’s for the Italian chef
- Dustin Schuler, One-Eyed Betty’s cooking guru
- Vincent Strolis, Executive Chef of Hometown Restaurant Group
The contest will feature individual pasta stations for each chef, who must include one of Pop’s for Italian handmade pasta in their dish. Each dish will be judged on taste, presentation, creativity and originality by a panel of nine judges. . Contest participants can vote to select a People’s Choice Award winner, who will have their dish added to the Pop’s menu for six months.
Pop’s for Italian is part of the Hometown Restaurant Group, which also includes Public House and One-Eyed Betty’s.